Re: Kernel BUG when running xfs_fsr with 2.6.35.1

To: Arto Jantunen <viiru@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Kernel BUG when running xfs_fsr with 2.6.35.1
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 08:09:41 +1000
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 11:32:29AM +0300, Arto Jantunen wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I had a kernel BUG yesterday when running xfs_fsr on my Debian Unstable
> laptop. The kernel is upstream 2.6.35.1. I'm attaching the backtrace
> below. I haven't tried reproducing the problem yet and don't know if it is
> reproducible. I can try that, and test patches etc. if it is useful. Let me
> know if there is any other information I can provide to help with debugging.

It's not obvious what has gone wrong at all - I haven't seen
anything like this in all my recent testing, so it's something new.
The first oops implies the inode has not been joined to the
transaction, but from code inspection I cannot see how that can
happen.

What compiler did you use to build the kernel? can you reproduce the
problem at all?

Cheers,

Dave.
--