Possible bug in getfattr program

To: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <a.gruenbacher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Possible bug in getfattr program
From: Jason de Ugalde <jasondeugalde@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 17:15:20 +0000
Hi,

I'm not sure whether this is a deliberate feature or a bug, but for some reason the getfattr command won't give me a list of a file's system extended attributes when I use the -d option.

For example, all of my files have a system.ntfs_times extended attribute. But when I type the following:

getfattr -d -m "^system\." *

or

getfattr -d -m "^system\\." *

I get no output (incidentally can you tell me why a double backslash is required?)

However, if I type:

getfattr -d -n system.ntfs_times *

I do get a list of attributes.

Can you tell me if I'm doing something wrong, or whether this is a bug?

Thanks,

Jason de Ugalde