Re: observed significant performance improvement using "delaylog" in a r

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: observed significant performance improvement using "delaylog" in a real-world application
From: Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 00:31:21 +0200
On Mittwoch, 11. August 2010 Peter Niemayer wrote:
> I think after the "ext2"-age no serious file system ever had
> a real problem dealing with lots of files in one directory -
> or do you have contradicting information?

IIRC 2010 there was someone on this list reporting problems when a
certain amount of files were created in a dir. He had to do with
audio/video recording, where delays are important (not to have). At one
point file creating time increased a lot, but I don't remember if it was
a filesystem problem or something else. But as it was the only report I
saw, I'd say you are right and a big number of files per dir doesn't
matter anymore.

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc