Re: Calculating swidth On A RAID6 Volume

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Calculating swidth On A RAID6 Volume
From: Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 17:27:04 +0200
Le Tue, 20 Jul 2010 17:00:51 +0200
Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> écrivait:

> I'd say using su+sw is more future proof than swidth+sunit, as 4K
> sector drives will become standard, and then using 512B units will be
> outdated anyway, right?

Absolutely, and furthermore I'm wondering what's happening in the
case where the drives have 4096 bytes blocks; I suppose then sunit
should be expressed as a number of 4096 bytes blocks, and what about
swidth ? the hell if I know :) This is also probably a nice little nest
of coming filesystem bugs to be hatched :=)