Re: rsync and corrupt inodes (was xfs_dump problem)

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: rsync and corrupt inodes (was xfs_dump problem)
From: Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 16:40:39 +0200
Cc: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Freitag, 16. Juli 2010 Dave Chinner wrote:
> > CFLAGS=-march=athlon64-sse3 ./configure --prefix=/usr

> Drop the CFLAGS and see what happens when you just use a generic
> arch target.

I investigated this a bit more, and I'm sure that CFLAGS get completely
ignored. I even set all variables with "GCC" in config.status to random
content, and it compiles. Then I found that the one in include/builddefs
gets always set to this:
GCCFLAGS = -funsigned-char -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall

So I changed it manually:
GCCFLAGS = -march=athlon64-sse3 -g -Os -funsigned-char -fno-strict-
aliasing -Wall
and now the resulting binary is different. I guess that should not be
happening? I'm used to setting "CFLAGS=" during configure to have
smaller bins, and CFLAGS normally get passed through during compile, but
not with xfsprogs. Not that it's very important, but maybe worth a fix?

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc

it-management Internet Services