Re: rsync and corrupt inodes (was xfs_dump problem)

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: rsync and corrupt inodes (was xfs_dump problem)
From: Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 22:58:15 +0200
Cc: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Ping?

On Montag, 5. Juli 2010 Dave Chinner wrote:
> > So far, so good. I'm on 2.6.34 now. Is there any chance for a fixed
> > version of xfs_repair, so that I can either get rid of the 4 broken
> > files (i.e. delete them), or repair the filesystem? ATM, xfs_repair
> > asserts on this filesystem.
>
> What version of xfs_repair? v3.1.2 does not assert fail here on the
> metadump image you posted, but it does take 3 runs to fix up all the
> problems with the busted inodes....

Do you mean this one?
http://zmi.at/saturn_bigdata.metadump.only_broken.bz2 (197 MB)

I have xfs_repair 3.1.2, and made a shell script which 10x does
xfs_repair that image, I attached the output here. Doesn't seem to
repair anything, just crashing.

Maybe I did something wrong? I configured xfsprogs 3.1.2 with
CFLAGS=-march=athlon64-sse3 ./configure --prefix=/usr
and then
make;make install

I recompiled the whole thing now with
# gcc --version
gcc (SUSE Linux) 4.4.1 [gcc-4_4-branch revision 150839]

and it's the same output as ever. Either you meant another metadump, or
there is a problem somewhere I don't see.

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc

it-management Internet Services