Re: Slow delete

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Slow delete
From: Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 14:17:13 +0200
Cc: lwn@xxxxxxx
On Dienstag, 6. Juli 2010 Dave Chinner wrote:
> For a detailed explanation of the concept and how delayed logging
> takes advantage of it to speed up stuff like deleting a large number
> of files, see:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=bl
> ob;f=Documentation/filesystems/xfs-delayed-logging-design.txt

Great docu, although my head still exploded on reading this, and at some
point I started to just read over it. Luckily, I'm no dev, otherwise I'd
need to grow a second head for the extra brain space needed to
understand all that stuff, and that would make my appearance even worse
than it is already. Also, I'm not sure if the two-head solution isn't
patented by Zaphod Beeblebrox already, at least in the U.S. region.

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc

it-management Internet Services