Re: XFS peculiar behavior

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: XFS peculiar behavior
From: Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 12:16:18 +0200
On Mittwoch, 23. Juni 2010 Yannis Klonatos wrote:
> The problem is that i have noticed that XFS may - not all times
> - split a table over a large disk distance.

Interesting. I have no idea why this happens and would be interested in
investigation too.

As a quick help, maybe using allocsize=1G in the xfs mount options would
help?

How many AGs does the filesystem have?
And which version of mkfs.xfs do you use?
Newer xfsprogs create the disk with 4 AGs per default, maybe that
influences the allocation order?

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc