Re: XFS status update for May 2010

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: XFS status update for May 2010
From: Roel van Meer <rolek@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 11:13:07 +0200
Christoph Hellwig writes:

Meanwhile active development aimed at 2.6.35 merge progressed.  The
major feature for this window is the merge of the delayed logging code,
which adds a new logging mode that dramatically reduces the bandwidth
required for log I/O.  See the documentation [1] for details.  Testers
for this new code are welcome.

As of today I'm running 2.6.35-rc3 with XFS and delayed logging on a 4GB
software raid0 we use to do nightly builds of about 150 software packages (kernel, samba, etc) on Slackware 10.1.

If there's anything specific I can do, please let me know. I have some more hardware around to test with.

By the way: thanks for these monthly status updates: they're really useful!

Regards,

roel