xfs_buf and buffercache/pagecache connection

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: xfs_buf and buffercache/pagecache connection
From: Yannis Klonatos <klonatos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 19:31:39 +0300
Hello,

I was looking to add a kernel hook to my system in order to monitor buffer-cache hit and misses. Initially I was planning to add my modifications to the __getblk(). However, i noticed that XFS does not directly use the buffer-cache
for its pages but it seems to implement its own buffer.
What I am now looking for is 1) the place where XFS checks whether a page exists in its buffer or not and 2) what are the possible interactions between xfs_buf and the Linux kernel buffer-cache.
        I would appreciate any information regarding the above issues.

Thanks in advance,
Yannis Klonatos