Re: puzzling error: XenServer, LVM and XFS

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: puzzling error: XenServer, LVM and XFS
From: Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 11:00:22 +0200
On Donnerstag, 27. Mai 2010 Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> This looks like the Xen block device code is buggy and doesn't handle
> the I/O pattern XFS throws at it.  A sector 0 error during mount
>  usually is the superblock barrier test write.

One strange thing I want to mention: This doesn't only happen during
mount, but also during runtime:

[272445.900691] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272445.900959] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272445.900966] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272445.901149] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272445.906411] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272445.906693] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272445.906700] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272445.906885] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272445.924679] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272445.924948] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272445.924956] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272445.925111] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272447.543881] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272447.544198] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272447.544205] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272447.544354] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272447.548822] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272447.549069] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272447.549077] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272447.549226] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272449.264465] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272449.264808] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272449.264816] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272449.265007] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272449.270708] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272449.270950] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272449.270958] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272449.271107] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272450.481089] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272450.481360] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272450.481368] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272450.481646] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272450.484787] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272450.485069] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272450.485077] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272450.485220] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272450.504376] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272450.504633] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272450.504642] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272450.504790] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272450.505045] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272450.505274] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272450.505281] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272450.505425] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272450.512789] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272450.513154] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272450.513162] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272450.513309] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272450.530959] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272450.531352] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272450.531361] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272450.531543] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272452.173596] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272452.173887] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272452.173896] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272452.174055] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272452.175007] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272452.175268] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272452.175275] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272452.175443] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272452.175815] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272452.176056] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272452.176063] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272452.176221] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272452.176793] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272452.177010] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272452.177016] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272452.177198] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272452.559967] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272452.560240] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272452.560247] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272452.560420] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272452.565146] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272452.565408] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272452.565415] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272452.565581] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272454.296089] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272454.296357] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272454.296365] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272454.296523] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272454.301814] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272454.302083] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272454.302091] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272454.302277] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272457.575577] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272457.575824] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272457.575832] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272457.575974] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272457.576165] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272457.576403] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272457.576410] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272457.576552] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272457.580690] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272457.580981] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272457.580989] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272457.581186] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272459.343053] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272459.343330] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272459.343338] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272459.343521] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272459.343750] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272459.344086] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272459.344093] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272459.344236] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272459.348876] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272459.349152] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272459.349159] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272459.349357] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272462.217232] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272462.217530] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272462.217539] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272462.217719] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272462.218443] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272462.218712] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272462.218720] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272462.218887] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272462.219677] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272462.219943] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272462.219982] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272462.220138] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272462.592004] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272462.592285] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272462.592293] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272462.592486] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272462.597265] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272462.597531] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272462.597539] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272462.597706] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272464.375703] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272464.375992] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272464.376000] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272464.376157] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272464.381090] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272464.381385] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272464.381392] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272464.381585] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272467.608382] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272467.608671] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272467.608678] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272467.608862] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

[272467.613789] end_request: I/O error, dev xvdb, sector 0

Does XFS always recheck for barriers? Or is it because I specified
"barrier" as a mount option, but it doesn't work and XFS didn't detect
it doesn't work?

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc