puzzling error: XenServer, LVM and XFS

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: puzzling error: XenServer, LVM and XFS
From: Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 08:57:38 +0200
I have a problem I can recreate, but have no idea where to ask/report
it. I have a XenServer 5.5 based Virtual Machine with a running openSUSE
11.2. Everything running fine.

Now I add another disk (which is an LVM volume on the host), there there
I create a partition. In this partition, I create an LVM volume:
pvcreate ..
vgcreate ..
lvcreate ..
So far no problem.

Now I create an XFS:
mkfs.xfs /dev/test/test
mount /dev/test/test /1

I can reproduce and get tons of these errors on 2 different XenServers
in 2 different VMs:

May 27 08:32:11 zdb13 kernel: [  738.046895] end_request: I/O error, dev
xvdc, sector 0

This only happens after XFS is mounted from the LVM volume. On another
machine where active I/O is happening, I get tons of these errors every
some seconds.

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc