Is persistant preallocation possible?

To: "xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Is persistant preallocation possible?
From: Jeff Zheng <Jeff.Zheng@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 02:05:21 +0000
Accept-language: en-US

Hi,

   We are trying to control where the files are being allocated on the disks, and we tried xfs preallocation. What we found is that each time the file being reopened the location of the pre-allocated space could change (not all the time). Is there a way to do persistent preallocation in xfs, like the same file will always be on the same location on the disk given that the requested size doesn’t change?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff