Re: WARNING in xfs_lwr.c, xfs_write()

To: Roman Kononov <roman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: WARNING in xfs_lwr.c, xfs_write()
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 20:18:56 +1000
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 12:20:23AM -0500, Roman Kononov wrote:
> Under some workload, once per ~10 seconds, I'm getting the following warnings
> with 2.6.32.13 and 2.6.33.4 (x86_64). Why are they?

You've got some workload that is mixing direct IO writes with some
form of buffered or mmap IO on the same file and they are racing.
Mixing different types of IO on the one inode is also known as A
Really Bad Idea because there is no guarantee of coherency between
them....

Can you find out what the application is triggering this?

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner