RE: xfs crash

To: "Dave Chinner" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: xfs crash
From: "Jabir M" <Jabir_M@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 04:26:14 -0700
Cc: <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Chinner [mailto:david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tue 5/18/2010 11:32 AM
To: Jabir M
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 09:45:23PM -0700, Jabir M wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using xfs file system on a MIPS based processor having
> linux-2.6.24. when executed a script to copy an mp4 file of 1GB
> upto 30 instances on back ground. xfs crashed displaying the
> following log. Please suggest me a solution.

I'd suggest upgrading your kernel to somethign recent - there were
lots of fixes between 2.6.24 and 2.6.28 for allocation problems
under this sort of workload....

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner
david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Since I am working on an embedded platform it is very hard to ugrade the whole
kernel. Can i modify some files related to xfs from the newer version? if so
which version can i choose? which and all files need to be modified? Is there
any patch available for this issue?

Thanks,

Jabir