Re: rsync from xfs to nfs+xfs and ACL problems

To: Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: rsync from xfs to nfs+xfs and ACL problems
From: Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 18:52:04 +0200
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Le Tue, 18 May 2010 13:50:15 +0200
Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> écrivait:

> Does it mean I can't sync ACLs? How could I do it? I need a full
> backup including ACLs, as I want to move all data and then restore.

Use nfs4 instead, should be fine. Exports structure is different. The
simple way is to simply add "fsid=0" in /etc/exports :

/mnt/whatever *(fsid=0,rw,async,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)

Restart your nfs daemons, then mount (notice the / instead
of /mnt/whatever ) :

mount -t nfs4 server:/ /mnt/nfsmount

regards,