Re: xfs_repair 3.1.1 doesnt repair broken filesystem

To: Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfs_repair 3.1.1 doesnt repair broken filesystem
From: Default User <default_user@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 13:01:47 +0200
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 05/18/2010 09:53 AM, Michael Monnerie wrote:
I do a repair on a broken filesystem, which reports no problems. Then I
mount and "ls -l", and you can easily see all those broken entries,
which should be directories. They are not repaired. What could I do?

I think you have created the filesystem with -o inode64 and now you are remounting it without -o inode64. After you created one file or directory with the inode64 option you NEED to always specify inode64 option at subsequent mounts or you won't be able to access such files/directories. (Not sure if forgetting to use the option can even cause data corruption upon write. Might inode32 writes overwrite the inaccessible inode64 files/dirs? XFS developers might know this.)