Re: xfs and raid5 - "Structure needs cleaning for directory open"

To: Rainer Fuegenstein <rfu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfs and raid5 - "Structure needs cleaning for directory open"
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 12:20:33 +1000
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, May 09, 2010 at 08:48:00PM +0200, Rainer Fuegenstein wrote:

> today in the morning some daemon processes terminated because of
> errors in the xfs file system on top of a software raid5, consisting
> of 4*1.5TB WD caviar green SATA disks.

Reminds me of a recent(-ish) md/dm readahead cancellation fix - that
would fit the symptoms of (btree corruption showing up under heavy IO
load but no corruption on disk. However, I can't seem to find any
references to it at the moment (can't remember the bug title), but
perhaps your distro doesn't have the fix in it?

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner