Please Help

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Please Help
From: Pol <polmail@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 13:36:18 +0200
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from :user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:content-type; bh=BIOGeVQXRP6c0PmGjx86zYRjnQk+ZTAeGzHJeUnDU2k=; b=eyfNcFgPz2yP95toDH/wrTU2BeqVfdYrJDcKNV97zr5cA0UTNjvNhkJjGm7x8+CDsv 4plVK1YUQWzLWZuBPWXhVqyc74QHPGHyVo8e4eG6m12QfzkN+JywTY1uLRVX8Sonyagr FP2jHYBsuDKM7o8W0ruPVn+RrBBgucmx90KO0=
Good morning.
I'm writing from Barcelona and English is not my born language, so I'd like to apologize in advance for any possible mistakes in my text.

I'm a Windows user who has recently moved to Linux (Ubuntu 10.04), and I have a serious problem regarding my Hard Drives' File System.
I have a desktop version of Ubuntu and I'm a complete regular user.

I have two physical drives in my system:
1. 36GB: EXT4 partition for /, another EXT4 for /home and a SWAP one.
2. 1TB (for data) drive.

I generate so much video and music data per month (AVI, MKV, MP3, WAV) because of my job, and need to copy it to external hard drives to ensure I don't lose any of it.

My question is about the FS to use in these data drives.
I currently have all of them in XFS fyle system. Every file I generate is saved in my internal XFS drive, and whenever the hd is almost full I copy the important files to External Hard Drives which are also formatted as XFS.

My problem comes after reading a couple of posts from 2006 in some forums on the web. They said that XFS is very unsecure when a power failure happens and recommended EXT3 (EXT4 these days I guess). They said that after a power failure it's very common to see data loss (something that never happened to me in all my years using NTFS).

As far as I know XFS is much more secure than NTFS so I don't really understand this issue. I assume these people were talking about systems which need to be continously writing to the disk, but my knowledge about this is very limited.

Did I chose the correct FS for my drives?

Thank you very much for your time.