Re: xfs_fsr question for improvement

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: xfs_fsr question for improvement
From: Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 09:41:06 +0200
On Montag, 3. Mai 2010 Michael Monnerie wrote:
> When I created that XFS, I took two 2TB partitions, did pvcreate,
> vgcreate and lvcreate. Could it be that lvcreate automatically
>  thought it should do a RAID-0? Because all reads are equally split
>  between the two volumes. After a while, I added the 3rd 2TB volume,
>  and I can't see that behaviour there. So maybe this is the source of
>  all evil.

I found that lvcreate really is too smart:
       -i, --stripes Stripes
              Gives the number of stripes.  This is equal to the number
of physical volumes to scatter the logical volume.

So it seems lvcreate did know that the VG was split among 2 "disks", and
therefore used -i2 while I wanted -i1.

> reldiratime

Should be nodiratime, of course.

--