Re: Building XFSDump but missing uuid development package

To: Peter Shuere <petershuere@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Building XFSDump but missing uuid development package
From: Linda Walsh <xfs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 06:38:52 -0700
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

Peter Shuere wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build the XFS utility, but during the build-process, I ran
> into a problem saying that I need the UUID development package to make the
> build complete. I am using OpenSUSE 11.2, where should I get the copy of the
> uuid-devel source (or binary, whichever one that works).
(On SuSE 11.2:)
> zypper se uuid
Reading installed packages...

S | Name                | Summary                                   | Type
i | libuuid-devel       | Development files for libuuid1            | package
  | libuuid-devel-32bit | Development files for libuuid1            | package
i | libuuid1            | Library to generate UUIDs                 | package
i | libuuid1-32bit      | Library to generate UUIDs                 | package
  | perl-Data-UUID      | Perl extension for generating Globally/-> | package
  | perl-Data-UUID      | Perl extension for generating Globally/-> | srcpackage
  | uuidd               | Utilities for the Second Extended File -> | package
---
Does libuuid-devel not work for you?