Re: Building XFSDump but missing uuid development package

To: Peter Shuere <petershuere@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Building XFSDump but missing uuid development package
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:49:03 -0500
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Peter Shuere wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build the XFS utility, but during the build-process, I
> ran into a problem saying that I need the UUID development package to
> make the build complete. I am using OpenSUSE 11.2, where should I get
> the copy of the uuid-devel source (or binary, whichever one that
> works).

e2fsprogs-devel might contain it; fedora recently split this out into a
separate uuid-devel package which then moved to a sub-package of util-linux-ng.

So you'll need one of those packages, whatever contains the uuid headers.

(FWIW opensuse probably already has xfsprogs packaged, but I assume
you have a reason to build it yourself...)

-Eric