stripe unit/width, inode64, misc mkfs.xfs params

To: "xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: stripe unit/width, inode64, misc mkfs.xfs params
From: Peter Merelis <merelis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:49:05 -0700
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Hi,

Apologies in advance as I imagine this issue is raised frequently, but can
someone familiar with these sorts of things sanity check my stripe unit/width
settings since the underlying storage controller is not exposing the data to
mkfs.xfs apparently:

12 disk raid6
256k stripe

su=256k
sw=10

…which I believe is equivalent to:

sunit=512
swidth=5120

Is that correct?

Also, does the inode64 option make sense for a filesystem with only a few
files, each around ~100G?

And finally, are 'allocsize=1GB,nobarrier,noatime,nodiratime' recommended mount
options?

Thanks,
Peter