Re: [GIT, RFC] Delayed logging V2

To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [GIT, RFC] Delayed logging V2
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 23:41:05 +1000
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 07:24:05AM -0400, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 06:37:16PM +1000, Dave Chinner wrote:
> > Hi flks,
> >
> > This is version 2 of the delayed logging series.
> >
> > I won't repeat everything about what it is, just point you
> > here:
> >
> > http://marc.info/?l=linux-xfs&m=126862777118946&w=2
> >
> > for the description, and here:
> >
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dgc/xfs.git delayed-logging
>
> I don't think the updated version has made it out to kernel.org yet.

It's there. Most of the updates were done in the couple of days
after posting it last - I just didn't get a chance to test it
effectively before other things took precedence. e.g. the busy
extent tracking commit in the branch is only 7 hours old.

I've finally got back to doing some stress testing on it in the last
week and haven't been seeing any new problems, so that's why I
pushed it again....

Cheers,

Dave.
--