power failure causes files loss

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: power failure causes files loss
From: adamantzj <tzj1983@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 04:28:41 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

     I’m writing data on a server in my company, but power cut suddenly. I
had to restart the machine, then I found that many files in the working
directory had been lost. I made some tries with xfs_repair and it didn't
repair my corrupted file.

What are the reasons caused this problem? I would like to know is what can I
do to resolve this problem? Is XFS able to recover my file with its right
content, at least a consistent content?

     I'm running a 2.6.24 kernel with xfsprogs-3.1.1, and the operating
system is RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 Server (64-bit).

     Do you know if this problem has often been encountered, there is a way
to proceed?

Thank you !

Adamant