Re: 2.6.32.11 hangs with xfstest 104

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 2.6.32.11 hangs with xfstest 104
From: Roel van Meer <rolek@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:08:33 +0200
Dave Chinner writes:

I've been running xfstests on a slackware linux server with kernel
2.6.32.11.
I've noticed that xfstest # 104 reliably hangs the kernel. Attached
are two call traces.

Yes, it does, and has done since test 104 was written to exercise a
growfs deadlock years ago. I re-enabled it in the auto group because
it's been fixed it and those fixes are now in the 2.6.34-rc tree.

Aha, thanks. I can confirm that I did see the problem with 2.6.33.2 but that I cannot reproduce it with 2.6.34-rc4, so everything seems to be like it should be.

Thanks again,

roel