Re: xfs_repair 3.0.3 crash and abort

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: xfs_repair 3.0.3 crash and abort
From: Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 13:59:51 +0100
On Freitag, 26. März 2010 Michael Monnerie wrote:
> I found xfsprogs 3.1.1 now, just downloaded & compiled, and running
>  the disk check again. Will report later. Hope it works!

3.1.1 could successfuly repair all errors. Sorry for the noise.

# LANG=C xfs_repair /dev/sharestore/public
Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
Phase 2 - using internal log
        - zero log...
        - scan filesystem freespace and inode maps...
        - found root inode chunk
Phase 3 - for each AG...
        - scan and clear agi unlinked lists...
        - process known inodes and perform inode discovery...
        - agno = 0
bad attribute format 1 in inode 312, resetting value
        - agno = 1
entry "/mi_power2u.goelsen.net_old.tar.bz2" at block 0 offset 296 in
directory inode 1468243215 references invalid inode 18374686479671623679
        clearing inode number in entry at offset 296...

entry at block 0 offset 296 in directory inode 1468243215 has illegal
name "/mi_power2u.goelsen.net_old.tar.bz2":         - agno = 2
        - agno = 3

        - agno = 4

        - agno = 5

        - agno = 6

        - agno = 7

        - agno = 8

        - agno = 9

        - agno = 10

data fork in inode 10790641420 claims metadata block 537051648

bad data fork in inode 10790641420

cleared inode 10790641420

        - agno = 11

        - agno = 12

data fork in inode 12926632060 claims metadata block 536915728

bad data fork in inode 12926632060

cleared inode 12926632060

data fork in inode 12926632061 claims metadata block 536886032

bad data fork in inode 12926632061

cleared inode 12926632061

        - agno = 13

        - agno = 14

imap claims a free inode 15032385909 is in use, correcting imap and
clearing inode
cleared inode 15032385909

        - agno = 15

        - process newly discovered inodes...

Phase 4 - check for duplicate blocks...

        - setting up duplicate extent list...

        - check for inodes claiming duplicate blocks...

        - agno = 0

        - agno = 1

        - agno = 2

        - agno = 3

        - agno = 4

        - agno = 5
        - agno = 6
        - agno = 7
        - agno = 8
        - agno = 9
        - agno = 10
entry "Mario Tennis GC.iso" at block 0 offset 720 in directory inode
10789746786 references free inode 10790641420
        clearing inode number in entry at offset 720...
entry "Family_Ski.iso" at block 0 offset 1416 in directory inode
10789746786 references free inode 12926632060
        clearing inode number in entry at offset 1416...
entry "Geometry Wars Galaxies.iso" at block 0 offset 1448 in directory
inode 10789746786 references free inode 12926632061
        clearing inode number in entry at offset 1448...
        - agno = 11
        - agno = 12
        - agno = 13
        - agno = 14
        - agno = 15
Phase 5 - rebuild AG headers and trees...
        - reset superblock...
Phase 6 - check inode connectivity...
        - resetting contents of realtime bitmap and summary inodes
        - traversing filesystem ...
bad hash table for directory inode 1468243215 (no data entry):
rebuilding
rebuilding directory inode 1468243215
bad hash table for directory inode 10789746786 (no data entry):
rebuilding
rebuilding directory inode 10789746786
        - traversal finished ...
        - moving disconnected inodes to lost+found ...
Phase 7 - verify and correct link counts...
done

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc