Version 3.1.1 of xfsprogs has been released.
A gzipped-tar archive of the source code is available here:
The source code can be accessed via git using this URL:
Below is a summary (from the doc/CHANGES file) of changes
since release 3.0.3 (the last release for which an announcement
was posted, regrettably):
xfsprogs-3.1.1 (29 January 2010)
- Fix various blkid topology support problems in mkfs.xfs.
- Fix various build warnings.
- Add automatic build dependency calculations.
- Cleaner build system output.
- Add missing aclocal m4 file to the package generation.
- Arrange for release tags to be digitally signed.
xfsprogs-3.1.0 (13 January 2010)
- Reduce memory usage in xfs_repair by using better data
- Add additional checks in xfs_repair to detect freespace
btree corruption instead of only rebuilding the btrees.
Useful for the no-modify mode.
- Fix libhandle to use the right path to issue by-handle
ioctls for symbolic links and special files.
- Use lazy superblock counters by default. At least kernel
2.6.22 is needed for this feature.
- Use physical device sector size if available in mkfs.xfs,
so 4K sector devices are handed more gracefully.
- Add a German translation, thanks to Chris Leick.
- Enable the madvise and mincor commands in xfs_io.
- Fix unsafe temporary file creation in xfs_fsr.
- Add support for discarding unused space on SSDs or thin
provisioned arrays in mkfs.xfs.
- Allow linking against libblkid for topology information.
- Add symbol versioning for libhandle.
- Remove the included RPM and binary tarball built
- Various build system improvements.
- Small fixes to xfs_db and xfs_io.
xfsprogs-3.0.4 (17 September 2009)
- Fix a memory leak in xfsprogs.
- Increase hash chain length in xfsprogs when running out of
- Fix dmsetup invocation in libdisk to avoid warnings during
mkfs on multipath devices.
- Fix the -V option to various installed tools.
- Small internal fixes to please the clang semantical
- Debian packaging updates.
- Rework Makepkgs and Makefiles to improve deb generation.