Filesystem corrupted: "Sorry, could not find valid secondary superblock"

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Filesystem corrupted: "Sorry, could not find valid secondary superblock"
From: Nicolas STRANSKY <Nico@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 09:42:49 -0500
Sender: news <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi,

I'm using Debian Lenny with xfsprogs 2.9.8-1lenny1 and a kernel
2.6.26-2-amd64. Recently I had some disk failures on a 1.5TB RAID 5
array, which is now running in a degraded mode but the xfs filesystem on
this array is inconsistent. I can mount it with -o ro,norecovery and
read some files, but I can't read most of them.
Using xfs_repair, I tried to repair the filesystem. It went for 12
hours, displaying these messages:
"found candidate secondary superblock...
unable to verify superblock, continuing..."
and finally:
"Sorry, could not find valid secondary superblock
Exiting now."

Is there anything else I could do to repair the filesystem? Upgrade to a
newer version of xfsprogs? Is it possible that there is no valid
secondary superblock on the whole disk or are they just not found?

Thanks a lot for any help,
NS.