Re: xfsprogs 3.1.0 repair problems?

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfsprogs 3.1.0 repair problems?
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 16:56:28 +1100
Cc: xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 09:08:46PM -0600, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> It looks like maybe the freespace checking isn't quite up to par:
>
> test 073 is dying with:
>
> _check_xfs_filesystem: filesystem on /mnt/test/14309.image is inconsistent
> *** xfs_repair -n output ***
> Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
> Phase 2 - using internal log
>         - scan filesystem freespace and inode maps...
> sb_fdblocks 26156829, counted 26157853
>         - found root inode chunk

This is caused by the remount,ro done in the test - the superblock
is written to disk with the reserved blocks considered used. At
unmount time those reserve blocks are "freed" before the superblock
is written and so the total is correct at that time.

I'm going to go look at the kernel code now...

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner