Re: xfsprogs 3.1.0 repair problems?

To: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfsprogs 3.1.0 repair problems?
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 22:15:39 -0600
Cc: xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Dave Chinner wrote:
On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 09:08:46PM -0600, Eric Sandeen wrote:
It looks like maybe the freespace checking isn't quite up to par:

test 073 is dying with:

_check_xfs_filesystem: filesystem on /mnt/test/14309.image is inconsistent
*** xfs_repair -n output ***
Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
Phase 2 - using internal log
        - scan filesystem freespace and inode maps...
sb_fdblocks 26156829, counted 26157853

Actually, that looks like it is out by exactly 1024 blocks, which is
the default amount of reserved space in the filesystem. Perhaps
there is something else wrong with the unmount code that
is not unreserving this space before the superblock is
written to disk?

I'm about to see if I can reproduce it....

Cheers,

Dave.

Thanks, you may need some of the patches I sent to the list today to
make mkfs happy first :)

-Eric