usage of xfsctrl for embedded development / uuid question

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: usage of xfsctrl for embedded development / uuid question
From: <paul.chavent@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 16:02:48 +0100 (CET)
Hi

I would like to use the xfsctl for trying directio and realtime feature on my
gnu-linux embeded system (i have a "homemade" sdk).

It seems that the xfsctl function is defined inline, and that all i need is in
inlude/xfs/xfs.h
inlude/xfs/xfs_fs.h
inlude/xfs/platform_deps.h
inlude/xfs/linux.h

So, for installing the dev files, it should be enought to do
tar -xvf xfsprogs-3.1.0.tar.gz
cd xfsprogs-3.1.0.tar.gz
./configure --build=${HOST} --host=${TARGET}
$MAKE -C include install-dev PKG_INC_DIR=${TOOLCHAIN_SYSROOT}/usr/include/xfs

So here are my remarks :

(1) uuid configuration problems :

    The package_uuiddev.m4 search for the function uuid_compare. This unction
is present in the uuid included in e2fsprogs, but not in the OSSP uuid
(http://www.ossp.org/pkg/lib/uuid/). So the configuration is ok but the
compilation fails.

    The package_uuiddev.m4 search for uuid headers in multiple path but only
one is included (in linux.h for example).

    I think there is a bug with th definition of libuuid in package_uuiddev.m4
(not sure)

(2) uuid requirement

    As uuid seems to be not required for my application, i suggest a patch that
allow to ignore the absence of this dependance.

(3) regeneration of configure

    The regeneration of configure fails whith this message

    # rm configure
    # make configure
    [...]
    autoconf
    configure.in:101: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_HAVE_BLKID_TOPO
      See the Autoconf documentation.

Please tell me if my remarks are wrong or if i go in a bad direction.

Thank you.

Paul