Re: NFS export broke with change from ext3 to xfs

To: "Eric Sandeen" <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: NFS export broke with change from ext3 to xfs
From: "Krzysztof Adamski" <k@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 12:21:49 -0500 (EST)
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Krzysztof Adamski wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I just changed one filesystem on my mythbox from ext3 to xfs, and now I
>> can't get a client machine to NFS mount from it.
>>
>> This is the export file on the server:
>> /file-store/nfs-roots/f1/home
>> f1(rw,no_root_squash,sync,no_subtree_check)
>> /file-store/nfs-roots/f1/usr
>> f1(rw,no_root_squash,sync,no_subtree_check)
>> /file-store/nfs-roots/f1/var
>> f1(rw,no_root_squash,sync,no_subtree_check)
>>
>> and on the client(f1) the three filesystems are mount on /home, /usr,
>> and /var
>>
>> This worked fine when /file-store on the server was formatted with ext3,
>> now that it is formatted with xfs I get this message on the client:
>> mount.nfs: Stale NFS file handle
>> I get this message 3 times.
>
> I dunno, this should work.  Anything in either of the system logs?

On the server:
Jan  4 19:27:03 Myth mountd[5342]: authenticated mount request from
x.x.x.x:741 for /file-store/nfs-roots/f1/var
(/file-store/nfs-roots/f1/var)
Jan  4 19:27:03 Myth mountd[5342]: authenticated mount request from
x.x.x.x:757 for /file-store/nfs-roots/f1/usr
(/file-store/nfs-roots/f1/usr)
Jan  4 19:27:03 Myth mountd[5342]: authenticated mount request from
x.x.x.x:759 for /file-store/nfs-roots/f1/home
(/file-store/nfs-roots/f1/home)
but this is identical to when it worked.
No logs on the client, /var is not yet mounted.

Should I be asking on the NFS list?