Re: Disappointing performance of copy (MD raid + XFS)

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Disappointing performance of copy (MD raid + XFS)
From: Asdo <asdo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 01:57:39 +0100
Cc: linux-raid <linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Asdo wrote:
and I think I have seen around 10MB/sec when they are of 500KB (this transfer at 10MB/sec was in parallel with another faster one however).
Yes I definitely confirm: right now I have just 1 rsync copy running, it's in a zone where files are around 500KB on average, and it's going at 9 MB/sec. Stack traces of the writer process conform to what I have posted in my previous email, even now that the writer is the only process using the destination array.