Re: BUG() in end_page_writeback(), stack overflows and system speed decr

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: BUG() in end_page_writeback(), stack overflows and system speed decrease with XFS over USB
From: Juergen Urban <JuergenUrban@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 18:33:20 +0100
On Saturday 21 November 2009 11:51:23 Michael Monnerie wrote:
> On Samstag, 21. November 2009 Juergen Urban wrote:
> > To get the error I just need to play video with mplayer and don't
> > need to write to the file system at all.
>
> This really sounds like a broken hardware. Have you tried running
> MEMTEST?
>
> mfg zmi

At the first moment I also thought that it is a hardware bug. I already ran
MEMTEST for some hours, but it doesn't find anything. I replaced the main
board, the CPU and the power supply. I also tried to replace/remove RAM. But
I've done this while chasing for the stack overflow. But maybe this a problem
which I introduced by replacing the hardware. So I will try to change all the
hardware back.
Can someone explain the purpose of the BUG() in end_page_writeback()? Can I
remove the line?
Will XFS also work if I disable all address operations? What is the purpose of
the address operations?