Re: XFS, NFS and inode64 on 2.6.27

To: Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS, NFS and inode64 on 2.6.27
From: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 08:16:57 -0500
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 11:52:43AM +0100, Michael Monnerie wrote:
> The shares "daten" and "dvd-images" can be mounted from other servers. I
> simply went to the original dirs of this mount-bind, and created several
> new dirs:
> mkdir 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
> and one of them had an inode < 2G, so I moved the contents there and
> renamed the dirs, remounted the --bind mounts and now have this:

So your NFS exports are not the roots of their respsective filesystems?
This means NFSD uses non-standard filesystem IDs in the filehandles
which have to encode the inode number of the export root.  Your best
option is to simplify switch to exporting a whole filesystem,
alternatively you can try making sure NFSD uses the 16byte wide UUID
style export.  Note thast either way will only work with a 64bit kernel
as the fs has no say in encoding the filesystem part of the handle
and ino_t is always 32bit on 32bit platforms.  This will also affect
any other filesystem with 64bit inode numbers.