Re: install xfs

To: Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: install xfs
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 11:09:49 -0600
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Emmanuel Florac wrote:
Le Sat, 14 Nov 2009 11:19:33 -0500 vous écriviez:

Fedora comes with XFS included for a long time.  And even RHEL5 comes
with XFS kernel support, although on x86_64 and only supported if you
sign over your first born to Red Hat.

Wow, hell froze over. I never understood why redhat refused to include
XFS for so long, and simply decided to ditch redhat and derivatives
ages ago (no xfs? no mp3? grotesque rpm dependancies? you must be
friggin kidding).

Red Hat and Fedora can't ship the patented mp3 codec. And enterprise distributions routinely choose a subset of kernel options that they can support well for their customers.

But now I'm getting OT, so probably won't reply further.  :)

-Eric