Re: xfsrestore restoring MANY more files/dirs than expected, why?

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: xfsrestore restoring MANY more files/dirs than expected, why?
From: Michael Lueck <mlueck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 13:16:42 -0400
Sender: news <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Bill Kendall wrote:

Why is this? What am I doing incorrectly?

"-s shares/data" is the problem. See -i in the xfsrestore man page:

     Initially nothing is selected, except for those subtrees specified
     with -s command line options.

Great catch Bill!

I updated my sample syntax to use -i and -s mutually exclusive.

Now, since I had to Ctrl-Break the previous xfsrestore, I do not seem to know
how to correctly clear out the previous session it is remembering.

How do I correctly invoke the -Q switch of xfsrestore? Various things I have
tried xfsrestore does not like the syntax of.

Thanks!

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems