Re: can't mount XFS from a read-only device

To: KELEMEN Peter <Peter.Kelemen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: can't mount XFS from a read-only device
From: Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 21:19:31 +0200
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Le Fri, 9 Oct 2009 19:43:51 +0200 vous écriviez:

> Log recovery is failing on a read-only device.  Try mounting
> with the "ro,norecovery" options.  However, this will give you a
> potentially inconsistent view of the filesystem.
>
> Are you snapshotting a live filesystem?  If yes, then I'd suggest
> using xfs_freeze -f/snapshot/xfs_freeze -u to get consistent
> snapshots.

Yes, norecovery did it. I did snapshots previously using LVM, but these
are writable, so only "nouuid" is necessary (to mount the original FS
and snapshot side by side).

I thought that xfs_freeze was broken recently?

Emmanuel Florac               www.intellique.com