|Subject:||Some questions about file system development...|
|From:||"Klaus Liebhard" <Magenbrot@xxxxxx>|
|Date:||Thu, 08 Oct 2009 17:16:19 +0200|
I'm a student here in Germany and my Prof. wants me to do a brief presentation about developing file systems and managing file system development.
I searched across the internet, but information about that is really hard to find.
So I put some questions together. If you don't mind I'd like to ask you if you could answer them briefly.
Also if you have other sources where I can find information about that are appreciated.
Here are my questions:
1. How much time (overall) is needed to develop a file system like XFS from scratch?
2. How many people are currently developing XFS in full time or part time?
3. Have you developed a theroetical concept or was it more trial and error?
4. If yes how much time did you spend on developing a concept?
5. Have you (or others) been experienced in file system development when you started this project?
6. Do you think there has to be at least one experienced developer to develop a file system like XFS?
7. How does the effort split up (concept, developing, testing)?
8. What is the most problematic part of developing file systems?
9. Did you get help from other file system developers (which maintain their own file system)?
10. Are there people from "outside" and ask for features?
11. If yes dou you take them into consideration?
12. What's the most complex feature of your file system?
GRATIS für alle GMX-Mitglieder: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!
Jetzt freischalten unter http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome01
|<Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread>|
|Previous by Date:||Re: 2.6.32-rc3 kernel BUG when unmounting quota offed xfs, Eric Sandeen|
|Next by Date:||WINNING REFERENCE NUMBER: SMG-632-793-2, SAMSUNG PROMOTIONAL TEAM|
|Previous by Thread:||Filter/TDS Meter/Fittings/Faucets/, Helen Lee-Kortech|
|Next by Thread:||WINNING REFERENCE NUMBER: SMG-632-793-2, SAMSUNG PROMOTIONAL TEAM|
|Indexes:||[Date] [Thread] [Top] [All Lists]|