RE: Two XFS involving stack traces from Debian's 2.6.26-2-amd64

To: <strr-debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Two XFS involving stack traces from Debian's 2.6.26-2-amd64
From: "Michael Monnerie" <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 23:17:56 +0200
Cc: <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Thanks, I've changed it as you suggested. It's true a second call
> to umount
> does unmount it (well it disappears from /proc/mounts anyway).

I've had the same problem with a backup script to a NAS. It takes a long time
until the buffers flush or so, a loop with up to 5 umount retries has to be
done. But that works always, at least ;-)

> However lvremove still does not succeed because it still believes
> the volume to be open.

Even after umount? Hm, that smells like a bug. Maybe make
umount && sleep 5 && lvremove
if that works a timing problem it is, says Yoda.

mfg zmi