Re: XFS Question

To: "Shue, David CTR USAF AFMC AFRL/RITB" <David.Shue.ctr@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS Question
From: Sujit K M <sjt.kar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 18:23:00 +0530
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=YyfeNBwW5qLK3HCHSg2wEhuJT7Mrl0/OKSYptBaos2Y=; b=X1GSTZrTPESX4M+6N4S2LeUPUhrwjLIYt3EB3Rl4HVxo6JeAhamMKFOdRF8IoxFCqd KSXtlFTTChgBDMWIb2ATizG8vdquXvySV5MllH4a5puuTv07rRCBhnz/jtSq1HQkkNEQ ssaS0xb5Fr4EKqL/A9S70mumStPl50ec9rHWY=
Hi,

I donot think there will be any guarantee to the system unless base
kernel is built to the RHEL 5.3 Distribution.
I have an ubuntu 8.10 but when I had tried upgrading to ubuntu 9.04 I
had Issues which I had to remain at 8.10.
I think you will have to use an vanilla for the kernel on 5.3 and then
upgrade.  Sorry will not be able to give
you more details regarding the RedHat Distribution. Not been using
RHEL for past 3 Years. Found Ubuntu much
Cheaper.

Thanks,
Sujit