Re: Structure needs cleaning? (take #2)

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Structure needs cleaning? (take #2)
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 17:02:29 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: RUMI Szabolcs <rumi_ml@xxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi RUMI,

1. Have you run memtest86 for a few passes?

2. Have you run a short+long test against the drive?
   smartctl -t short /dev/sda  # wait 10min
   smartctl -t long # wait until its done
   show smartctl -a /dev/sda output <- report this back

3. Is this the first time this has happened?

4. Is your system on a UPS?

5. How do you mount your XFS partition?
   a. Do you use any special parameters?

Justin.