Re: XFS corruption with power failure

To: XFS Development <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS corruption with power failure
From: John Quigley <jquigley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 14:17:08 -0500
John Quigley wrote:
We've distilled this into a reproducible environment with a stack of NFS + XFS to a local disk + automated sysrq 'b' reboots. We're working on getting this bundled up into a nice little package as a VirtualBox vm for your consumption. Please tell me if this is not desirable.

By way of an update, the corruption is definitely specific to Linux nfsd access
to XFS at time of power failure.  We've be unable to reproduce the problem in
any other context except when running IO through NFS to the underlying XFS
mount.

- John Quigley