RE: xfs data loss

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: xfs data loss
From: "Passerone, Daniele" <Daniele.Passerone@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 11:19:12 +0200
Accept-language: it-IT, de-CH
Acceptlanguage: it-IT, de-CH
Cc: "xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Due to a power shock, suddenly and without log messages about one half
>(5 TB) of the user
>> directories on /dev/md4 have disappeared.
>
>I presume you mean after a reboot?

No! No reboot at all.
The directories were mounted via nfs to all our cluster,
and are of the type

/pool/user

all directories from

/pool/g*

/pool/z*

have disappeared.

Of course NO COMMAND of the kind rm /pool/[g-z]* was issued.

>Were the lost directories recently created?  I've never heard of
>untouched, existing directories disappearing after a power loss...

Not at all.
Here I am.

>Not much to go on here I'm afraid.  SLES10 is an old kernel, but it's
>supported by SuSE at least.

Can you use my metadata, or is it useless?
Thank you!

Daniele