XFS Best Practices

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: XFS Best Practices
From: Jeff Flowers <ragepie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 11:00:57 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=9gzsWM0hhgwOLB1fda9gwTG+rZpBRehUR+H08DgJw+o=; b=qNBtXe3siMPsJLhoY5dPlV44t+Ks1iiSkVt4XqnhniefDF2O5BX4V5AaasNrgP4NYV ccpTGXPr7eyTgUJKQdhsXjq5E9uf86kuWIft8gXYd4OJmI2IvEaC/wPSiUVrueZ9tA3O vqq5blnIIGHjrz0tPj38kJWtEglP3B4wHWq1k=
I am going to use XFS on a Arch Linux box and I am looking for ways to
maximize XFS performance. According to an article I have read [1],
best XFS performance was reached with a file system formatted with a
64MB log and mounted with 8 log buffers and atime disabled. But I am
curious, from the prespective of the XFS experts of this list, if this
is still good advice and if it is still relevant, as this article was
published in 2003.

Also, I have seen a few people recommend turning off the internal
buffers of hard drives (via hdparm) when using a file system like XFS.
Good advice?

Thank you!

--
[1]