Re: XFS corruption with failover

To: XFS Development <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS corruption with failover
From: John Quigley <jquigley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:46:54 -0500
Lachlan McIlroy wrote:
xfs_logprint doesn't find any problems with this log but that doesn't mean
the kernel doesn't - they use different implementations to read the log.  I
noticed that the active part of the log wraps around the physical end/start
of the log which reminds of this fix:

Very interesting indeed, thank you /very/ much for looking at this.

I think the fix made it into 2.6.24.

We're currently using the very latest 2.6.30, unfortunately.  We've distilled
this into a reproducible environment with a stack of NFS + XFS to a local disk
+ automated sysrq 'b' reboots.  We're working on getting this bundled up into a
nice little package as a VirtualBox vm for your consumption.  Please tell me if
this is not desirable.

Thanks very much again.

John Quigley
jquigley.com