Re: XFS corruption with failover

Subject: Re: XFS corruption with failover
From: John Quigley <jquigley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 19:56:09 -0500
Cc: XFS Development <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Felix Blyakher wrote:
This is an IO error. Is the block device (/dev/sde) accessible
from the server #2 OK? Can you dd from that device?

Interesting suggestion; I don't recall having seen any indication of IO errors,
but I'm testing again this evening, and will report back on what I find with dd.

That's not a good time to run xfs_repair. There were no
indication that the filesystem is corrupted.

Interesting again.  I ran the tool merely because I had no other recourse to
remedy this.

Let's take for a sec "NFS server #2" out of the picture.
Can you mount the filesystem from the original server
after it reboots?

This has been tested and fails, so it does appear to be a corruption issue on
the stable media.  Based on your first comment, I'm re-running tests to verify
that the ISCSI volumes are fully online and ready to accept IO before mounting
the file system.

Thank you very much.

- John Quigley