Re: XFS filesystem shutting down on linux 2.6.28.10 (xfs_rename)

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS filesystem shutting down on linux 2.6.28.10 (xfs_rename)
From: Chris Samuel <csamuel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 14:32:44 +1000 (EST)
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
----- "Eric Sandeen" <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the speedy response!

> I'll take a look. [...]

Thanks for that.

> Is there any chance you could instrument xfs_rename so that for every
> goto abort_return and goto error_return you add a printk so we know
> which one you hit?

Happy to do that, though we won't be able to reboot into it
until another crash fails (the impact on the HPC jobs is too
large I'm afraid :-( ).

> Maybe something like:
>
> printk("line %s error %d\n", __LINE__, error);
>
> just before each goto, with appropriate braces {} sprinkled in as
> necessary?
>
> I can send a patch if that helps.

If you could that would be great, we'd really appreciate it
(I'm about to disappear into an afternoon of meetings now).

> Sorry for the brute-force debugging but not at all sure
> yet what this may be.

No worries, quite understand!

All the best,
Chris