need troubleshooting help to track down a xfsdatad or hardware problem

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: need troubleshooting help to track down a xfsdatad or hardware problem
From: david@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 14:37:02 -0700 (PDT)
I have 20 identical boxes that have a 16 drive raid 6 array (3ware controller), on 17 of the boxes everything seems fine, but on 3 of the boxes the xfsdatad process appears to be having problems writing to the drive (iostat shows 5MB throughput), and a huge amount of data ends up buffered in memory, but cannot get written out to the disk.

what can I do to figure out if the problem is somewhere in software or in hardware (and if hardware, any ideas how to figure out what is happening on these 3 boxes)

David Lang